If you’re excited to start development on you android phone on a windows 7 platform, you may have noticed that enabling usb debugging does not allow you to sync your phone with your machine, thus you cannot test your newly created app on your android device.
Turns out there is a driver, its just not installed by default. Here’s how to get it working:
- Turn on usb debugging on your android device. menu->settings->applications , check unknown sources
- plug in your device via usb
- go to your control panel in windows 7
- click on devices and printers
- click on “androd device”
- click on hardware -> properties.
- choose to install the driver automatically.
This will install the android drivers for you phone and now you should be able to load your applications you develop to your phone.
Thanks for reading, please comment.